Senior Project Controls Engineer
Senior Project Controls Engineer to join our team in Bedford. The successful candidate will be required to coordinate all aspects of the cost, planning and scheduling effort for their assigned projects.
This position will report directly to the directors, with the opportunity to progress.
At this time, we will only consider applications that are EU-citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region in place.
Main purpose of the role:
- Act as a focal point for the project team regarding scheduling and progress issues.
- Be particularly diligent in recognizing and reporting to Project Management potential problems in all phases of the project.
- Contribute to the change management process, analysing and reporting schedule and cost impacts to the project.
Department Responsibilities / Duties
- Supporting Directors assisting with corporate and administrative duties as required.
- Reporting status of project and project controls activities to Directors on an ongoing and frequent basis.
- Assisting in creating an environment suitable for ongoing development of junior engineers.
- Assisting in the continual improvement of the Project Controls processes and procedures by providing Directors of any concerns with the QMS.
Project Responsibilities / Duties
- Responsible for the Project Controls team when required on a project.
- Updating the proposal schedule to indicate specific milestones agreed upon in the Contract.
- Identifying special project cost instructions and incorporate them into the project cost report system.
- Assisting with obtaining scheduling alignment with key construction activities.
- Ensuring that Systems are set up and maintained in line with project schedules and changes.
- Assisting with development of Design Change Notices by highlighting impact on schedule, and assist with related tracking and re-base lining effort.
- Assembling, analysing and projecting of project progress, costs, and man hours including planned, actual and forecast figures.
- Translating estimate costs into a project budget.
- Periodically reporting progress and cost trends and propose action plans for remediation.
- Practical extensive experience in planning and scheduling.
- Expertise on project controls and planning tools.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets and databases.
- Team player with a willingness to share ideas with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Good numerical, analytical and literacy skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess good planning and organisational skills and be accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484932