Communications Officer - London
Communications Officer -London
Are you seeking for a new challenge whilst being stable in an establish organisation? An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications Officer with a Local Authority
Post: Communications Officer
Salary: £17.00 - 23.00 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Communications Officer to join on a temporary basis to cover different areas within the London area.
You will be a key part of the communications team proactively promoting the work of the Council by developing and implementing a range of communications programmes. Role includes strategic media and public affairs work, event management, campaigns, and reputation management.
- To develop and manage promotional activities including press briefings, photo opportunities, awards ceremonies and public events and to take responsibility for specific areas of communications work
- To ensure a pro-active approach to communications through a positive use of forward planning and meetings with Councillors and officers, including Cabinet Members and senior officers/Directors, in consultation with and under the guidance of the Communications and Social Media Manager
- To ensure all communications activity within the role is delivered within budget and at best financial value to the Council.
- To provide advice to senior council officers, Councillors, council departments and contractors and to work with them on a range of communications issues, including providing media training where required and guidance on dealing with the media and conducting interviews.
- To agree clear objectives with clients and partners on communications campaigns and to monitor outcomes in order to enable continual improvements to be made.
- To write speeches and promotional material for senior councillors and senior officers as required
- To develop and implement public affairs campaigns when required, to lead on devising specific campaigns, and to develop strategies and campaigns that enable the Council to reach and influence key relevant decision makers. To assist in drafting and proof reading of key policy documents
Clients are looking to interview and shortlist shortly, so please submit your CV promptly for consideration.
Please apply with submission of your CV and Abs Valentino from our London CPE office will be in Touch. For more information and a confidential chat about the position, please do not hesitate to call us on *************
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488490