Powertrain CAE Engineer (Tribology) - 30622 - Up To £2645 hr
Tribology CAE Engineer - 30622 - up to £26.45/hr Ltd Co - Whitley
A Tribology CAE Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Whitley, Coventry and is paying a rate of up to £26.45 Ltd Co per hour.
As a Tribology CAE Engineer you will carry out Tribology analysis of base engine components. You will be responsible for constructing Finite Element models (only meshing) from CAD geometry. Along with Performing fatigue assessments using stress or strain based techniques, following a full elastohydrodynamic solution.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Proven track record in Tribology analysis, in Powertrain systems and IC engines in particular. Experience in using AVL Excite/Primo3D/Ricardo/FIRST or in-house developed Tribology and Dynamics software. Finite Element software, Hypermesh/Abaqus CAE.
- Proven track record in friction testing, either in laboratory or transmission/engine based tests.
- Fundamental understanding of Metrology (form and surface roughness parameters, measurements and applications).
- Degree Educated ideally a PhD in Tribology is preferred
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
In return for your experience offer:
- Hourly rate of up to £26.45 Ltd co
- Long term contract initially until March 2018 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
If you are interested in this position, please apply now with an up to date CV. For more information, contact Lois Weston on ************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488750