Graduate/Entry Level Technical IT Support
Passionate about technology? Do you want a career within IT? Looking for a company that will nurture your talent and allow you to reach your potential?
We are the third largest software company in the United Kingdom and we currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and forward thinking individual to join us in our IT function. You will be part of our on-site IT team to provide 1st/2nd line support to our employees.
Role and Team
This role is part of the centralised Group IT function, you will be tasked with providing optimal value to our business by providing first and second line onsite IT support at one, or several of our premises in conjunction with the Service Desk/other onsite Engineers.
The working day can vary depending on which office site you are located at, this role is to be based at our HQ in Datchet, Slough, however travel to other offices will happen.
- Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily, unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period.
- Provide technical desktop and application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required.
- Escalate tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver best practice customer service or to achieve SLA.
- Take ownership of work required on site to create and support processes for:
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfilment
- Asset and configuration management
- New starter and leaver processes in conjunction with any HR / Facilities requirements
- Desk or office moves
- Supervising IT contractors when on site
- Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes)
- Hardware or software roll outs or upgrades to individuals
- Ad hoc project implementations as required by our Professional Services division
- Contribute to the One Advanced knowledge base for that customer by documenting required run book processes, procedures, and solutions to known errors.
- Provide regular feedback to your line manager on initiatives that would improve the service provided to the customers. This includes but is not exclusively relating to satisfaction surveys.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, communicating with diverse customers of varying levels of IT experience
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Drive, determination and being self-motivated
- Conscientious and motivated, capable of working on their own on site as required
- Customer focussed mentality
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and coverage hours.
- We don?t look for experience, just a positive mentality, the right behaviours and heaps of potential.
What we can offer?
- Excellent benefits package available from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice and employee assistance programme
- Learning environment working alongside experts in the latest technologies
- Exceptional career progression opportunities
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487207