Legal Cashier (Maternity Contract)
We are working closely with a fantastic local legal practice to recruit a positive and enthusiastic candidate to join their team as a Legal Cashier for a 12 month maternity cover role. The right person will ideally have previous Legal Cashiering experience but a very strong Accounts background will also be considered. You will be well presented, with good all round IT skills and GCSE?s in Maths & English. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Legal Cashier or Accounts Assistant to join a to join a highly successful and forward thinking firm in an exciting and varied position for a 12 month fixed term contract. So if you have Legal Cashiering or very good Accounts experience, then we would like to hear from you!
About the job?
Our client is looking for someone who has experience of working in a similar role. An understanding of accounting principles and practices is essential and you should also be specifically trained in financial areas unique to the legal professional such as the Solicitors Financial Rules. You must be computer literate and experience of IRIS software is desirable.
The Legal Cashier will have a variety of duties and will be working to support of the Lawyers & Secretaries within the practice to ensure all legal cashiering functions run smoothly in our client?s business. Duties will include:
- Completion of daily banking
- Input all postings to their accounts systems on a daily basis
- Execute telegraphic transfers
- Liaising with clients on a daily basis when receiving payments
- Ensure all money movements are recorded in line with compliance
- All closed accounts have a nil balance
The right person?
- Will have previous experience in legal cashiering or extensive general accounts assistant experience
- Will be positive, self-motivated
- You will have a professional approach to your role and have excellent communication skills.
- Must have GCSE English & Maths at C or above.
- Organised, pro-active.
- Previous experience in a busy legal cashiering role preferred.
- Will also need to pass a standard DBS (criminal records) check
In return we offer?
- Excellent salary dependant on experience.
- 12 months from January 2018 to December 2018
- Hours 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position email your CV to Claire click APPLY NOW . Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483916