Regional Engineer/Sales Engineer - Building Products - £30-40k
- A specialist Manufacturer and designer of Temporary work and Shoring Solutions who offer a civil engineering service for the critical structural element of the construction of industrial warehouse facilities.
- This niche Engineering Service Provider are passionate about providing essential advice, and design to ensure the efficient operation and installation of any civil works in transport, power, rail, commercial, residential, and marine sectors
- Nationwide UK and Global travel involvement, with potential opportunities to travel to Europe and the Middle East
- End-users and Flooring Contractors alike understand the value these services to guarantee the appropriate design and installation, fit to their requirements
- A fantastic opportunity for a Regional Engineer/ Sales Engineer has arisen within a specialist, expert and niche civil and structural Shoring Company
- The first 6 months will be spent working in the design office in Manchester to fully understand technical and engineering aspects of the systems
- Then the Regional Engineer/ Sales Engineer will be out in the field, working in tandem and learning from the current Engineering manager initially to fully understand what the business offer to their customers, the Regional Engineer would quickly grow and be exposed to all of the different elements of the business before becoming a specialist and progressing with the business
- Involved in project brief and client management, design, project planning/management and application.
- Customers include Main Contractors, and small/medium civil sub-contractors, Engineers, Consultancies, Design Departments, Clients
- After shadowing and learning, the Regional Engineer/Sales Engineer will then manage projects from start to finish
- Beginning with Main Contractor meeting, to fully understand their requirements, the regional Engineer would then manage the liaison through sub-contractors and civil ground workers, when necessary providing expertise out on site, and providing engineering expertise in meetings alongside the Sales Representatives
- This position will expose the Regional Engineer to both the commercial business aspect side of the new build Construction process, and also the hands on project management and hands on installation side
- The Regional Engineer/Sales Engineer will be tasked, alongside their colleagues, to ensure the Contractors, when value engineering, can maximise the efficiency of the systems through an understanding of the project schedule, minimising both cost and construction build time
- The Regional Engineer will ideally be based in the Midlands or East Anglia
- Due to high levels of application only those successful will be contacted
The Ideal Person:
- Must have a Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
- Must have site based experience within the Construction and or Civil Engineering industries
- Must have Sales experience of some capacity
- Must be able to commute to the Midlands office once a week
- Experience or understanding of Falsework, Formwork or Shoring would be a big advantage
- Must be a proactive, driven, engineer who both has a technical mindset as well as a confident and outgoing personality who is comfortable in front of customers
Consultant: Kieran Phillips
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483872