A leading brokerage based in London is seeking a management accountant to join its team this .world leading commodity broker, providing clients with unrivalled breadth of coverage in metals, energy and agricultural markets, with leading franchises, services and intellectual content across all commodity markets. This role as Management Accountant is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is Newly Qualified with up to 2-3 years PQE and is looking to join the Finance team of an international Brokerage firm. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the business by adding value to the business and its operations. The responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsibility for the production of the management accounts.
- Communicating of the budgets and forecasts to the various divisional heads of departments.
- Involvement in the strategic planning
- Liaising with senior stakeholders
- Ad Hoc support for the department as required.
- Statutory reporting
- Responsibility for aspects of the UK audit
- Qualified with at least 2-3 years
- Big four audit firm training desirable
- Financial services experience preferable
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially excel
Month end reporting:
- Carrying out all month end accounting postings in an efficient and accurate manner following a set timetable;
- Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied on both BAU and ad hoc matters;
- Calculating front office variable bonus accruals;
- Analysing month on month and YTD variances and providing clear, accurate and meaningful commentary for key variances;
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations to good standard with appropriate back up support and commentary on key movements;
- Calculating current and deferred tax provisions;
- Preparing month end reporting packages for Group Finance;
- Addressing queries from London Management and from Group Finance;
- Liaising with overseas offices and ensuring all inter-company balances are agreed and any disputes resolved.
Half year and year end reporting:
- Preparing HY and YE working papers for external auditors;
- Addressing and resolving audit queries;
- Preparing IFRS statutory workbooks at YE;
- Developing a good understanding of the business and its products;
- Building a strong working rapport with the desk heads and acting as a first port of call for front office queries;
- Communicating with desk heads on a regular basis and taking them through their desks results on a monthly basis;
- Liaising with joint venture partners and preparing monthly consolidated results.
- Assisting with the implementation of system and process changes;
- Participating in small scale finance projects.
- Any other reasonable duties
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488936