Specialist Network Support Manager- DV Cleared
Specialist Technical Support Manager
Location: Portsmouth / Basingstoke
Clearance: DV Clearance (essential)
Rate: Market Rates
Duration: 5 Month Contract
Description of Project:
- A specialist technical engineer is required to support the NSTN and DIMHS network infrastructure.
- Role is to support the core and circuit networks supporting the NSTN and DIMHS systems.
- Role is required to managed various network record systems, including the many point to point circuit details, the specialist hardware required for interconnection, the management of all new comms links requests (including changes and removals) by scoping the technical requirements, managing site surveys, liaising with SCIDA processes and raising and managing of any works requests needed to complete the change request.
- Role will be based on a customer site - Portsmouth and includes management and control of a spares stock holding at Portsmouth, but will be required to travel UK wide as necessary including regular visits to Basingstoke.
- Role will also require updating of existing network connectivity diagrams and management of up to date records within a customer provided shared document repository.
- Role will require liaison with customer engineers for site survey and tasking of customer engineers for completion of work; liaison with customer 3rd parties for the provision/change/removal of any comms links utilised by NSTN or DIMHS.
- Role will involve close working with the existing OPCON team as a joint TDA.
- Role will be required to ensure any new hardware required is assessed as suitable and to also ensure security standards are maintained.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Network design skills specific to NSTN and DIMHS (i.e. point to point circuits, low bandwidth links, etc.)
- Network diagrams updating
- ATO-type services to manage/update/remove/add circuits
- Maintenance of various records systems (e.g. point to point database, configuration control records, terminal equipment records, etc.)
- SCIDA knowledge and understanding (including setting to work management)
- Understanding of how to task Customer site engineers as used by MoD Messaging staff
- DV clearance
If you hold a valid DV Clearance and the relevant skill set please do not hesitate and click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487481