Tax Junior - Borehamwood, Hertfordshire - £ Highly competitive package, including study support - Full Time, Permanent
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That's why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We're immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
About your next role
We're expanding, which mean we have an excellent opportunity for a Tax Junior/Graduate who aspires to progressing within a well-established and friendly practice. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs, Inheritance Tax Individuals and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business.
Tax Junior Duties will include
- Tax return preparation for a wide variety of clients, income tax and capital gains tax calculations,
- P11D's, coding notices and assisting with sundry tax matters
- Assisting with HMRC enquiries and compliance checks
- Accompany your senior colleagues to ad hoc client meetings
As your role develops, we'll offer you scope to work in more structural and advisory areas, depending upon your progress. We'll also offer you the opportunity of future progression and development, including full study support towards ATT and potentially your CTA qualification.
You will be confident in working to a high standard, have excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work. Additionally, we'd like you to have/be:
- Ideally hold a relevant degree in accountancy, economics or similar subject, although good calibre A level qualifications - including maths - will be considered
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
- Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
- The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485295