Do you have experience of working in a Financial Accountant role?
Are you able to work in a fast paced, team orientated environment?
If so, you could be perfect for this role. We are currently looking to recruit a Financial Accountant for one of the world's premier global automotive suppliers. Our client is establishing a brand new, state of the art facility in the Telford area, specializing in high pressure die-casting that will design and build medium to large aluminium automotive components.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Financial reporting compliance under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Develop, implement robust internal controls compliant with Magna minimum controls.
- Periodic review of internal controls to test and document effectiveness.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Payable, ensuring purchase invoices are processed efficiently, vendor accounts are regularly reconciled, payments requests are accurate and control accounts are reconciled.
- Management and supervision of Accounts Receivable, ensuring customer selfbilling invoices are reconciled, sales invoices are posted correctly, customer accounts maintained, overdue invoices effectively progressed and control accounts are reconciled.
- Daily reconciliation of bank balances to ensure payments and receipts are efficiently posted to SAP.
- Prepare general ledger journals for non-direct postings.
- Reconcile and agree intercompany balances.
- Review and prepare justification for all operating lease requests, ensuring correct financial reporting under local and US GAAP financial reporting standards.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheets including trade debtors, trade creditors, bank accounts, accrual accounts, prepayment accounts, provision accounts, VAT accounts.
- Monthly reporting of financials into Hyperion Financial Management.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Preparation of weekly cashflow forecast.
- Assisting with group financial reporting - monthly, quarterly, forecasts, budgets.
- Liaise with UK Tax Manager, providing information as required.
- Prepare monthly P&L forecast with variance analysis to budget.
- Manage SAP fixed asset module to ensure assets are capitalised and depreciated correctly.
- Manage foreign currency exposure and liaise with central treasury function to ensure that hedge contracts are implemented for key exposures.
Skills & Experience:
- Good communication skills
- Good literacy & numeracy skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to follow formal procedures
- Minimum Qualification Finalist ACCA/CIMA
- Up to date knowledge of financial reporting standards
- Experience of SAP
- Experience of Hyperion
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487736