IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
£20,000 - £24,000 D.O.E
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced IT Support Engineer join their well established IT company based in Preston. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop their career within this role.
As an IT Support Engineer you will provide remote & field based support and services to a range of clients; small business', NHS and multi-nationals.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Supporting on-premise & cloud based IT systems & VOIP telecoms solutions
- Ensuring that our clients networks & our own cloud based network are operating effectively & efficiently
- Assisting to develop our service & monitoring procedures & practices
- Operating the support function on the helpdesk
- Ensuring all daily server monitoring checks are performed on time and that any issues arising are logged as jobs and actioned within SLA
- Ensuring all servers and monitored devices are correctly setup on the monitoring & management tools used in house
- Monitoring the unassigned job queue in the helpdesk & ensuring that tickets are assigned and dealt with according to their SLA & priority within the outstanding jobs list
- Identifying tickets which need escalating to one of your senior colleagues, reassign them and communicate fully with your colleague as to the details of the ticket and it's priority
- Performing any desk, laptop or server repair tasks within the workshop that are required of you
- Attending client sites to rectify issues
- Build, deploy & upgrade IT & telecoms networks to the brief as defined by the company & to customer requirements
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have the required skills and experience to thrive in this role, including;
- Experience of providing technical support for IT & telecoms networks within a customer service environment is essential
- Windows 7,8 & 10, Windows Server 2008/2012 and above support & deployment experience
- A working knowledge of Active Directory, Terminal Server and Exchange 2010 and above
- Experience of working within virtualised environments
- A strong understanding of networking concepts
- Experience of supporting Routers, Firewalls, Backup services and VOIP Telephone systems
- A relevant industry certification would be an added advantage
Who are we?
Established over 16 years ago, this northwest based IT Company have gone from strength to strength and offer IT support, bespoke cloud hosted services, network and telecom's installations nationwide. They thrive in providing excellent customer service and pride themselves on having an exceptional team of staff who consistently deliver this service, daily.
How to apply
So if you wish to be considered for this opportunity click 'apply'. You will receive an email shortly after your application which you will need to read.
No agencies please.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. FFR are an employment agency and operate as an equal opportunities employer.
Suitable skills/experience: 2nd Line Support, 3rd Line Support, Support Engineer, IT Support, Technical Support Assistant, Helpdesk Analyst, Telecoms e
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488629