I am currently recruiting for Automation Engineer to join one of our clients who is at the cutting edge of their technology sector. Supplying their products worldwide this really is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer to advance their career and be part of a global organisation.
- This new position requires a clear thinker. We are looking for someone who can take a lead in improving overall product performance, functionality and quality. This role requires a skilled engineer who can also see the big picture.
- Working as part of a small Product Development team, reporting to the Principal Engineer, the successful candidate will help shape the future of the company.
- While you will be based at our custom-built facility West of Glasgow, occasional travel will be required.
- Responsible for the design, programming, simulation and test of our automated machinery and processes for new and existing products.
- Drive continuous test program improvements and releases to manufacturing for better productivity.
- Monitor reliability metrics and goals to drive quality improvement efforts.
- Provide guidance and technical support to our internal team and interface with our customers regarding any aspect of our control and automation products or processes.
- Advising key suppliers with regards to product selection, verification and qualification.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience of automation systems design covering all phases of the design cycle, including:
- Formulating design specifications via detailed modelling.
- Performing conceptual designs to identify best option to pursue with experimental testing to assess key parts.
- Performing detailed design of option selected.
- Build and alpha test prototypes.
- Refine and finalise prototype designs for beta testing.
- Understand and be able to implement details of specific technical implementations for realising working automation systems such as motion control, sensors, localisation and navigation, motion control, automation control.
- Knowledge of specific applications sectors such as Automation Control, Printed Circuit Board Assembly and Fabrication, Coating & Converting or Experience in designing Factory Automation would be an advantage.
For your chance to join an industry leading organisation who are investing in their people, click apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486199