Process Development Engineer
Our client are a world leading organisation in the medical technologies sector;
To support and ensure the efficient introduction of new product and processes into manufacturing on time and within budget to the company?s quality standards and agreed yield and efficiency levels
- Process Development Engineer you will support and ensure the efficient introduction of new product and processes into manufacturing, on time and within budget to the company?s quality standards and agreed yield and efficiency levels.
- New process projects: Support the interface between design and manufacturing on new product introduction and development ensuring project timelines are met and ensuring product/process is designed for manufacture (both maintenance and operation)
- Process Design: Design, develop and maintain assembly processes, jigs and fixtures working within project time and cost targets agreed for new product development.
- Process Technology: Evaluate new concepts in relation to processes and manufacturing to fit in with Fundamental Technology Teams (FTT) and Manufacturing Technology Development Projects (MTDP), developing own expertise in designated area(s), and sharing this expertise with others in the business as required
- Validation: Perform necessary GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice), process validations and other quality system documentation requirements to support new product introduction and development.
- Documentation: Prepare manufacturing documentation for above thus ensuring smooth transition into manufacturing. Maintain a record of all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records etc. ensuring a full history of process and product evolution is documented.
- Compliance: Work in accordance with Company Quality Standards, procedures and processes and comply with the requirements of Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). Adhere to the standards of behaviours, policies and procedures as laid out in the employee handbook
Qualifications & Competencies
- HNC or Degree in Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics or related field.
- Experience of Mechanical Design for Manufacture, CAD, Fixture design, New Product Introduction and Manufacturing support and improvements.
- Experience of working with component manufacture and supplier liaison.
- Good understanding of various joining and assembly techniques.
- Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, awareness and understanding of tool room shop processes.
- Consistently hold people to account by making expectations explicit and regularly reviewing performance
- Motivate others through leading by example and creating an expectation that our colleagues do the same
- Understand our customers needs and deliver on our agreed commitments managing both risk and value to provide an optimum solution
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, consequences and timeframes for everyone
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483976