IBP Recruitment Ltd are looking for a Tax Manager to join an established accounting firm in the West.
The Candidate must be self-driven and results orientated. You will have a clear focus on delivering a high-quality service as well as a business profit. You can sell, Reassure, persuade and negotiate as appropriate. You must be reliable, tolerant and determined.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Dealing with consultancy and compliance work for a high-quality portfolio of HNW personal clients and trust structures
- Research specialised tax issues as required and undertake and manage advisory assignments on the tax portfolio
- Assisting in planning the department's work effectively assessing the resources and time required, and remind clients when they need to supply their tax information to meet the statutory deadlines
- Delegate work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks, and providing guidance and direction as required
- Ensure that that team provides an excellent level of service to clients and meets strict deadlines
- Ensure that all fee notes for department managed clients are generated and sent out in line with partner and client requirements
- Ensure that all budgets and timescales are met by employees for whom you have responsibility
- Work with the private client tax partner, other Partners and the tax teams to identify and develop new opportunities and services
- Lead the relationships with other professionals and work connectors in the South West market, developing those relationships to successfully win work
- Work closely with the other offices to ensure that business development is co-ordinated and supported across the firm
- Lead in identifying and acting on all potential opportunities for providing additional services to existing clients
- Actively support all sales, promotional, marketing and networking activities of the organisation either to current clients or targets
- Write technical articles for publication, contributing to newsletters as required, presenting at client, industry and professional seminars and training days
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented effectively, delegating activities to team members as appropriate
- Undertake regular performance reviews for tax team members as required
- Provide direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to employees as necessary ?helping to motivate them and maintain team morale
- Provide feedback to tax director and partners on team or business activities to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
- Develop proactive internal links between all tax functions in order to maintain a consistent approach to the provision of client services.
- Provide technical training and research documents on topics agreed within the tax management team.
- Actively monitor team targets and budgets, reporting variances on a monthly basis along with corrective/remedial actions to be taken.
- Comply with procedures required under Practice Assurance and the Money Laundering Regulations
- Maintain a personal CPD record and keep up to date with legislative changes in order to be able to sign the annual CPD Certificate as required by the institute or to meet the firm's obligations under Practice Assurance
- Carry out quality checks on employees work to ensure compliance with Process Optimisation and other internal and external regulations
- Periodic review of current procedures with the Tax Partners, comparing against best practice and subsequently putting forward recommendations for improvements
- Undertake relevant training and development, both technical and managerial, to ensure knowledge, experience and skills remain up to date and relevant.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/ CTA / STEP qualified or equivalent private client professional experience.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in a client- facing role of a professional firm
- Demonstrable tax advisory experience in private client tax
- Excellent working IT knowledge (word/excel, etc.)
- Excellent experience in managing a tax team, client handling and tax compliance and advisory work for personal and Trust clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing across a wide range of audiences
- Must have the interpersonal skills to gain credibility internally and externally with clients and across a professional network
- Commercially astute
- Good organisational skills including project management
- Ability to prepare and present information to various audiences in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach - to analyse information and situations and generate reasoned and risk- based recommendations and solutions
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959489799