DevOps Engineer Application Windows PowerShell Finance London
DevOps Engineer (Windows PowerShell Application PowerShell DSC IIS TeamCity MSBuild Octopus Puppet Systems Engineer Continuous Integration Automated Deployment Application Support DevOps Agile Digital SQL Banking Finance) required by my banking client in London. You MUST have the following:
- Current experience as a DevOps Engineer in a cross-functional, in-house .NET application delivery team
- Advanced PowerShell scripting for automation of tasks, reporting and deployment
- Good knowledge of continuous integration, automated deployment or configuration management (TeamCity, PowerShell DSC, Octopus Deploy etc)
- Windows Server
The following would be DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Application Performance Management tools such as Dynatrace, Gomez, NewRelic or AppDynamics
- Release of in-house built digital .NET web applications (DevOps)
- Message queuing- WebSphere MQ, MSMQ or any alternative message queuing
- Finance or banking
Role: Pre-Production Windows Application DevOps Engineer for a medium sized bank in London. You will be assigned to a scrum teams that develops, releases and supports .NET online banking applications. The team is cross-functional, consisting of three developers, a QA, business analyst, manager and one other DevOps Engineer. You will be the senior of the two engineers and responsible for mentoring and training your partner. The environment consists of IIS, PowerShell DSC, Puppet, Dynatrace, Redgate, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity and MSBuild. You and your co-DevOps Engineer will coordinate continuous integration, automated deployment and configuration management of the suite of transactional banking applications.
The department is very Agile with some teams coordinating as many as 30 releases a month. You will be expected to further the adoption of Agile, propose new techniques and automation tools and use yor experience to improve the department.
The environment is relaxed and creative. There are frequent activities and out of hours' events. Hours are 9-5 and staff retention is high. The culture is meritocratic and rewards talent.
The contract is likely to extend.
Duration: 6-12 months
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959438869