Junior Front End Developer / UI Designer - Digital E-Commerce
We are seeking an enthusiastic Junior Front End Developer / UI Designer to join this well-established photographic e-commerce company. You will be responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of the company e-commerce website, user interface, HTML, CSS and JS and assisting delivery of the user experience and optimisation programme. You may be a developer who wants to move into a more design oriented role, or a designer looking for their second job to move into front-end development. You will use your solid knowledge of design principles to work to brand guidelines and specific briefs, ensuring production deadlines are met. You will work closely with back-end developers to provide high-level support on maintenance, monitoring, testing, and overall website HTML CSS and JS support
- Our client was established in 1997 offering a dedicated service for photographers at every level that has been enjoyed by over 600,000 customers. Their dedication to service, photographic expertise and outstanding customer support is underpinned with competitive prices and our commitment to holding products in stock for immediate delivery. The result is an award-winning formula which has allowed us to become the UK's largest online specialist photographic retailer.
- Our client is proud to have been honoured with many awards over the years, along with Best Online Retailer and Best Specialist Retailer Awards from Practical Photography and Digital Photo magazines. These awards recognise that our service, expertise and overall shopping experience are second to none.
- Work to brand guidelines and specific briefs, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Work closely with back-end developers to provide high-level support on maintenance, monitoring, testing, and overall website HTML CSS and JS support
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Work closely with product owners and developers to code, test and implement prototype UI designs
- Create technically correct artwork, implementing brand guidelines and styles to layouts.
Requirements - Experience and Qualifications
- 1-2 years? experience in a design or development role within a commercial environment
- Responsive web frameworks, Bootstrap in particular
- CSS processors (LESS/SASS)
- Good understanding of overheads for developing ecommerce website
- A flexible attitude with experience of working in a small team to tight deadlines
- Working understanding of an analytics package.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment
- Quick thinker with ability to think commercially and analytically
- Desire to add value and, if necessary, challenge existing or conventional ways of working
- Passionate about customer-led design
- Good English/proof reading skills
- Interest in photography would be very advantageous
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485623