Our client, a leading Design and manufacturing organisation who operate within the aerospace and automotive sector are seeking Design Engineer to join their team
As a Design Engineer within the team you will be responsible for completing design work and producing 2D & 3D designs for in house Production Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontract suppliers
- Responsible for carrying out design activities under the direction of a Senior Design Engineer and the Team Leader, working within budget and to schedule.
- Continuous updating for project part lists with status of design/drawing issue numbers and dates.
- Carry out load/stressing calculations as required, and advise on material types/sizes.
- Responsible for maintaining close working relationships with the project manager and all other members of the project team
- Attend and contribute to Project Launch Meetings, Engineering Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Project Wash-up meetings
What we need from you
- HNC/D, degree or equivalent vocational experience in a mechanical engineering/design related subject, together with relevant work experience.
- Highly experienced in mechanical design.
- Experience of using CATIA V5 (Desirable)
- Experience of carrying out stressing using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and hand calculations. Excellent IT skills
- Experience in the production of 2D tolerance drawings
- Understanding of manufacturing workshop processes and workflow
- Experience of delivering Continuous Improvement and influencing change
- Experience of project management methodologies and tools
- Good working knowledge of MRP systems.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959486035