Senior BI Analyst Developer
Are you an experienced business intelligence professional looking for a new challenge, delivering and supporting a range of technologies?
UCL is London's leading multidisciplinary university, with more than 11,000 staff and 38,000 students from 150 different countries. Founded in 1826 in the heart of London, UCL now operate in a global context and are committed to excellence, innovation and the promotion of global understanding in all our activities: research, teaching, learning, enterprise and community engagement.
University College London are looking to appoint a Senior BI Analyst Developer within the Information Services Division. The role will involve supporting business intelligence services for UCL's mission critical applications for professional services and research.
Reporting to the BI Team Leader, the successful candidate will be providing complete lifecycle development for the business intelligence infrastructure, as well as being a 3rd line escalation point for the portfolio of reporting applications.
The role provides a great opportunity for an experienced BI Analyst Developer to gain wider exposure to a number of other technologies, with extensive cross training available in Oracle, SSIS, SSRS, PowerBI and Tableau.
As a senior member of the BI team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing ongoing support to key business users, and the wider BI team.
As well as providing technical support for complex issues, you will act as a technical lead for projects and services provided by the team, including design, development, testing and implementation of reporting solutions.
- BusinessObjects Administration/Architecture experience including WebI, designer, CMC, SDK (XI 3.1 and 4.x)
- Strong analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving experience within a BusinessObjects environment
- Extensive database knowledge to work with the data team, optimising data design using Oracle, PL/SQL
- Experience in leading Business Objects migrations and upgrades
- Strong understanding of service management approaches
- Previous exposure to either Salesforce RemedyForce, Tableau, PowerBI, SSRS, SSIS, Oracle BI Publisher, OBIEE or ODI is desirable, though not essential
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic, and able to engage, challenge and influence others
- A track record of developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships across IT and the wider institution
- An ability to explain technical issues to non-specialists, and to write clear technical reports and other formal documentation for solution deployments and evaluations is essential.
As an employer of choice, University College London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary package of £43,023 - £50,753 (inclusive of London weighting allowance)
- 41 days leave (27 days annual leave plus six closure days, plus statutory bank holidays)
- Excellent pension scheme (18% pension contributions)
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from an ethnic minority, as they are under-represented within UCL at this level. Hays IT have been appointed to exclusively support UCL with the recruitment of this role. For more information, please contact Joel Mundy at Hays IT
Interviews will take place at University College London on either Tuesday 28th / Wednesday 29th / Thursday 30th November
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488577