Senior Technical Architect
Our client is looking for a Technical Architect with a strong background in Software Engineering with a detailed understanding of the web and OTT TV market. The role will be responsible for defining the system architecture for products on their digital player, with a focus on web, mobile and IPTV/OTT and defining how service layer requests are combined within a presentation layer in a highly optimal and cache-efficient manner. You will understand (and help define) all of the interactions for all systems sitting between end-user clients (desktop browsers, mobile devices, OTT apps etc.) through to the internal layers of infrastructure.
The role will also be to define how their systems and apps can be made to scale but work from a single front and code base driven by the backend video delivery system.
You will need to possess a number of the following skills and experiences to be able to perform the role.
- Technical understanding of key Responsive Mobile Web technologies (including libraries such as Dojo and or jQuery Mobile).
- Knowledge of web & mobile ad-servicing/ad-targeting and analytics solutions.
- VOD, IPTV, MPEG, Encoding and Streaming.
- Experience of implementing large scale data storage systems
- Experience working with structured data formats (e.g. RDF, ATOM, XML)
- Knowledge in modern devops technologies in terms of monitoring, logging, provisioning and servers etc.
This is a London based contract role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959476695