Test Manager/Senior Test Lead (Perm)
Test Manager/Senior Test Lead - Financial Services (Perm)
My client, a leading Financial Services Organisation based in Cirencester, is currently seeking a Test Manager/Senior Test Lead. The main purpose of the role will be to work within the software testing function to help improve the quality of testing undertaken. The role will be across multiple concurrent projects spanning several business areas. The role will comprise of reviewing and challenging activities/quality/processes performed by the Test Practice teams to ensure quality and continuous efficiency improvements.
Salary - £37-40k pa plus excellent benefits package
- Engage with teams at all levels to identify poor test practices across projects and to take ownership on improving these practice
- Lead the review of project test activities to ensure quality is embedded within testing and that benefits from lessons learnt are realised
- To build and develop good working relationships with project teams, Test Practice teams and business representatives to promote the benefits quality testing delivers
- Coach and guide the Test Practice teams in the correct usage of test tools to improve efficiency
- Proactively share knowledge and experience with projects, work collaboratively to streamline processes, improve working practices and standardise test artefacts
- Manage the procurement of software licences for the testing tools used within the client, ensuring delivery of test tool licence availability is in line with project requirements.
- Champion the principles of the Test Practice; this includes:
- support the ongoing evolution of this function
- seek ideas / areas to enhance as part of the continual improvement of testing
- increase visibility of the benefits good quality testing provides
- improve the perception of testing
Key skills required for the role
- An excellent communicator at all levels within a project team and to be able to provide information to others in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to comfortably communicate with technical experts and also discuss issues with business stakeholders using non-technical language
- Ability to diplomatically influence and motivate others to change, evolve and improve
- Be comfortable liaising across multiple areas from Test Teams, to Business Users, to 3rd party providers
- Be approachable, personable and be a committed team player
- ISTQB Foundation Level Software Testing Certificate or higher
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
If you are a Test Manager looking for a new permanent opportunities either apply online or if would like to find out about other IT/Financial Services opportunities please contact Rebecca Inns on ************ or email ************************
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485979