Nursery Nurse and Apprentice
Nursery Practitioner and Apprentice's - Horsham
We are recruiting for Nursery Practitioners and Apprentices to join our clients' multi award winning nurseries. They are very keen on developing children's enquiring minds through a holistic, hands on approach which helps children develop their thinking and express themselves creatively.
They are a Reggio Emilia inspired award-winning nursery and farm school, with first class facilities including two permanent artists and an art studio, and wonderful outdoor facilities, including a farm school with their very own micro pig. They work by adopting an exciting and unique project-based learning approach.
The nursery is free-flow with access to the outdoor learning environments all day from the nursery rooms, the most exciting part of the company is that they are growing, and they create opportunities for those that want to develop their skills and careers. They believe strongly in supporting and developing staff and welcome those with a passion to make their mark through bringing new ideas.
They are committed, and they go the extra mile. Children's education is their passion.
Job Role: Nursery Practitioner/Third in Charge
Hours: 38 hours per week
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualifications (This will be discussed in an interview)
Job Description: This is a diverse role with responsibilities that include communicating with parents, planning projects and activities with children, updating journals for key children, mentoring junior staff, assisting our Forest School programme, and more.
What you need:
- Interest in Forest School and be able to lead the Forest School in the leaders' absence
- You must be at least 25 years old
- You must hold a full UK driving license
- Willing to go into the Forest School every day
- Interest in learning Reggio Emilia
- Minimum Level 3 Childcare qualification
They are also looking for a full time, Level 3 Practitioner who is keen to learn about the Forest School and has an interest in Reggio Emilia.
Job Role: Nursery Apprentice (For the Toddler and Pre-School Room)
Hours: 38 hours per week (Between 7:15am - 6:15pm)
Salary: £150 per week (This will rise when you have qualified)
This is a very exciting opportunity to work and train within a very successful setting, where the Managers believe strongly in rewarding staff and helping them to develop.
If you are truly passionate about children and want to be part of a new dynamic team that is looking for its future leaders, please do get in touch!
What you need:
- Great passion for learning about child development
- Good communication skills and able to work effectively in a team
- A sense of humour, common sense and a can-do attitude!
- Lots of drive, ambition and energy!
- A determined, persistent and resilient person, who approaches and overcomes challenges with a positive attitude.
- Desire to learn about the Reggio Emilia Approach (no experience necessary)
- GCSE grade A-C in Maths and English
- You must have your own transport or be able to get a lift to and from the nursery as they are not on a public transport route
They are a very rewarding company and believe in recognising their employees for their hard work and commitment, some of the benefits are:
- Free lunch, homemade by their cook
- Caring and supportive environment
- Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Sick pay and good attendance rewarded with extra holiday
- Long service rewards
- Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
- Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
- Team building fun days, meals out, and social events
- The chance to attend the week long International Study Tour in REGGIO EMILIA in ITALY (all expenses paid)
- Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
- Opportunities to be involved in our Training School for external professionals
A&C Recruitment Ltd currently specialise in searching and resourcing within the Child care sector. The business was set up to help our clients avoid high recruitment fees and instead charge affordable one off payments to undertake the necessary advertising and candidate searches.
We have a team of experienced account managers, who oversee the day to day running of a client's account, by sending them updates on potential candidates that have been sourced through our recruitment team's searches, or applications to adverts we post online.
If you would like to know more, or are applying for a job through us. Please do not hesitate to contact A&C Recruitment and quote AC1541
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959440623