Project Engineer - Concept CAD
Aston Martins state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is the definition of the platform and vehicle concept.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Work with the Package team to record dimensional targets and status on Package tracking document
- Work with the Concept and Design teams to maintain Primary hardpoint layouts and release as CAD data in line with platform / programme check point dates.
- Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
- Analysis of Design surface against Package targets and Hardpoints.
- Work with the Programme, PD and Package teams, to help support the Platform PMXU assumptions.
- Work with the Programme, Innovation and Package teams, supporting the layout and development of unique systems and new technologies.
- Coordinate ECM (engineering concept matrix) population with the Core system owners and attribute areas to support product definition.
- Carry out benchmarking activities to assist the concept team define relevant attribute targets
- Support concept meetings to guide vehicle architecture in line with target attributes and product definition.
- Support creation of UN Macro Issues list highlighting and resolving blockers to design progression.
- Support planning, creation and update of physical bucks with target/hardpoint data.
- Support Concept Manager and Vehicle Engineering team to ensure the vehicle design assumptions balance with the attributes.
- Support Vehicle Engineering team with the CAD layout for Prototype vehicles (M1/X1).
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Degree level or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in platform layout, including mechanical layout and occupant package.
- Knowledge of legal requirements.
- Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive.
- Working knowledge of vehicle attributes.
- Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word. Understanding of modern vehicle systems such as: Engines, Driveline, Electric/Hybrid Vehicles, Suspension, Body Structures.
- Knowledge of benchmarking and target setting.
Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills. Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product. Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities, so will need to attain AML level 3 permit.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485526