Senior Legal and Assurance Executive
Innovate UK is the UK's innovation agency. Innovate UK works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy - delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Our aim at Innovate UK is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
Reporting directly to the Head of Monitoring & Assurance, the role holder is responsible for the development, delivery, assurance and management of all aspects of all contractual Award legal documentation. The role holder will also provide informed legal views in all aspects of delivery in the Operations Directorate.
The Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for the role will include:
- Ensuring that all award legal documentation templates are kept up to date and consistent across every aspect of Operations activity
- Ensuring that the templates are stored and readily accessible in SharePoint with the appropriate configuration management and version control
- Creation of draft contracts/award documentation for both standard and non-standard awards
- Primary point of contact for any variations to our standard contract terms across all programmes, within the parameters set by the Head of Monitoring & Assurance and seeking external legal advice when appropriate
- Contractual analysis of external documentation from third parties to ensure compliance with our policies and procedures
- Working closely with the Head of Monitoring & Assurance in the formation and implementation of funding and assurance policy
- Contributing as required to the effective documentation and management of Project change (PCRs) and GFA (Grant Funding Agreement) Letters of Amendment
- Managing the day-to-day contractual and funding assurance elements of our relationship with our affinity partners such as the Catapults and Agri Centres, and delivery partners such as the Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) and the Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI)
- Overseeing key parts of other ad hoc legal activity not specific to funding agreements, including advising Innovation teams on the content of MOUs
- To attend regular meetings and participate in conference calls with key stakeholders as required and to provide updates and reports to these meetings as necessary
- Support the Head of Monitoring & Assurance with ad-hoc project work as required.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Tuesday 21st November 2017.
For more information please visit our careers portal by clicking on the "how to apply" button below.
ARC is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488345