Lead UX Researcher/Designer
Innovate UK is the UK's innovation agency. We know that taking a new idea to market is a challenge. We fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth. Innovate UK is a forward thinking and exciting government organisation that recognises the value of transforming our services to a digital platform in order to provide a better service to its stakeholders.
The Business Change team at Innovate UK provides change and operational support across the business for our digital services. Working closely with IT and the respective functional areas, the business change team delivers the change portfolio across the business.
You will work within the digital function of the Business Change team, supporting cross-functional teams to deliver our digital services in line with Government Digital Service (GDS) standards. You will:
- Advocate appropriate strategies for research, test and design to enable ongoing improvements to the service
- Manage and mentor user researchers and designers to ensure quality and ongoing improvement
- Drive the UX process and its implementation for Innovate UK.
- Work to generate the feedback and insight to build a clear picture of the service users and deliver solutions that they need.
- Support product owners by generating new and useful user insights and translating it into features and actions that will allow them to iteratively improve their service for users.
- Be part of the large GDS community creating best practice in government services.
The post-holder will work closely with many teams across the organisation, as such a matrix line management structure may be applied.
The Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities of this role will include:
- Communicating research findings to the wider team to ensure buy in and understanding of user needs throughout
- Responsible for the prioritisation and workload management of the overall UX team
- Line management responsibility for the UX team, including regular 1:1 catch up meetings and monthly/quarterly performance reviews
- Planning, designing and conducting in-house usability testing sessions to support the design and development of our digital services
- Leading the usability testing process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test, analysis and report writing
- Conducting in-house research (including user requirements gathering and early stage concept and prototype testing, guerrilla research, and other approaches to ensuring the user need is fully understood in the service design)
- Working with Service Managers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material
- Working closely with developers to turn test data into actionable user stories
- Designing, scripting and analysing ad-hoc quantitative surveys
- Managing ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research projects such as proposition development, visual identity and customer experience mapping
- Applying knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Managing day-to-day operations with a range of usability and market research agencies with accountability for schedules, value for money and deliverables
- Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice within Innovate UK
- Maintain expertise with Government Digital Service design patterns and standards and keep regular contact with key stakeholders in government to build good working relationships
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Tuesday 21st November 2017.
For more information please visit our careers portal by clicking on the "how to apply" button below.
ARC is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959488093