Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Rykard Engineering are currently recruiting a Maintenance Engineer to join a client of theirs based in Brighton. The company are highly regarded within their industry and are going through a period of growth.
With a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience, preferably from a food manufacturing or pharmaceutical business.
Purpose of the job:
To work closely with the Senior Engineer to maintain workplace equipment ensuring a smooth and productive operation. (60-40 electrical to mechanical)
- Completing the scheduled maintenance work, as well as responding to ad-hoc machinery breakdowns.
- Maintain the parts inventory.
- Be able to work safely at all times, whilst observing any appropriate operational frameworks.
- Able to come up with ideas for improvement.
- Able to read electrical & mechanical drawings
- Ability to logically fault find on electrical/electronic, mechanical or pneumatic controls.
- Experience of inverter, servo, DC drives etc.
- Worked with circuits from 415 to 24VDC power & control
- Carry out PPMs
- Read electrical and mechanical drawings
- Produce mechanical drawings when necessary
Previous experience with food filling and packing lines, for example:
- Metal detector/check weighing machines
- TIG, MIG and Arc welding
- Some lathe and milling experience an advantage
- To observe the company policy on Health & Safety at Work
- To observe the Company policy and procedures on Quality Assurance
- To co-operate readily, politely and amicably with other Company personnel
- Maintain parts inventory to ensure no stock outs.
- Clear end of shift reporting
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Computer skills
- 2 years relevant experience in food/pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to liaise with all Company Departments
- C&G 1 & 2 Electrical Installation
- C&G qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- 17th Edition.
Salary: up to £36,000 depending on experience.
Shift: Days. Monday - Friday 9-5
Rykard Engineering are acting as an equal opportunities employment agency.
Key words: Maintenance, Electrical, Mechanical, Food, FMCG, Pharmaceutical, Fault Finding
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483787