Software Team Leader - Simulation and training systems
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000219 EndHTML:000006527 StartFragment:000001298 EndFragment:000006495 StartSelection:000001298 EndSelection:000006495 *********************************************-step-2.cgi?nextstage
Software Team Leader - Developing Air traffic control simulation and training systems
Fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning company and global expert in simulation and training solutions for Air Traffic Management operations. The role requires leadership of a software development team who develop software and produce supporting documentation according to the requirements of both internal and external customers,
- Experience of Microsoft Visual Studio C#, Borland C++ Builder, Agile, Scrum, Python, Automated Testing, Unit Testing and Air Traffic Control would be a distinct advantage.
- Competent in the use of 1 or more Integrated Development Environments.
- Understand version control and version control software.
- Familiarity with the Windows family of operating systems.
Â Education and experience:
- Considerable proven experience in software development and team management at an appropriate level.
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Software Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience of producing software as part of a team.
- Experience of the full software development life-cycle.
- Experience of a varied technical base.
- Experience of supervising other staff
Key duties and responsibilities will be:
Modify company products to fulfil the requirements allocated as perÂ company procedures.
Assess assigned work packages to identify the changes required and the best way to implement them.
Provide a plan to implement requirements and be able to organise a team to meet the plan.
Test the software produced to verify that any changes fulfil the requirements of the work package and that no other areas of the system have been detrimentally impacted by the changes.
Review code, task estimates, designs, solutions etc produced by others, according to company guidelines and your expert judgement.
Drive code reviews.
Produce or review high level designs & high-level solutions for other team members.
Communicate effectively with other team members, other departments, and management.
Communicate effectively with customers where required.
Consider and suggest ways to help the company improve its procedures and processes.
Be capable of organising (including task deadlines & task slippage), mentoring, reviewing, and approving team members work.
Gather, analyse and produce requirements both at a functional and software level.
Analyse reported software issues, either internally or from customers.
Appraise Senior Software Engineers and Software Engineers according company guidelines.
Provide site support, installation and technical training for customers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484025