BIG Data Solution Architect - Luton - Contract
BIG Data Solution Architect - Luton - Contract (competitive day rate)
You will act as the technical design and architecture SME for the area and provide technical supervision during the development, build, test and deployment phases, assuring the solution adheres to the planned architecture and all functional and non-functional requirements are satisfied. You will also continuously look for opportunities to simplify and rationalise the technology stack.
As a Big Data Analytics Solutions Architect you will be responsible for working with a multi-skilled design and engineering team for the function and be accountable for overall design quality as well as assuring solutions are designed with efficiency in regards to total cost of ownership (TCO).
You will in collaboration with business and technical delivery leads analyse functional and non-functional business and technical requirements and be responsible for translating it into architectural blueprints that outline solutions to achieve business objectives. Within the role you will assess the long-term benefits and impact of proposals and perform solution options analysis and technology selections as well as technical impact analysis.
Furthermore, you will liaise with specialist architects, business leads, product owners and key suppliers and participate in associated programme and product delivery governance, steering boards and strategy forums, focusing on and contributing to the long-term business objectives and strategic targets.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience of End to end Big Data oriented projects - inception to go-live
- Proven experience as Senior Solution Architect for large scale Analytics, Insight, Decisioning and Reporting solutions, based on Big Data technology
- In depth knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet
- In depth knowledge of AWS Big Data / Analytics services - S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift, QuickSight, Kinesis
- Solid knowledge in cloud infrastructure sizing and capacity planning
- Experience in architectures for converged analytics and operational Big Data platform solutions
- In depth knowledge of data integration pattern and relevant technologies
- Understanding of traditional EDW concepts and solutions
- In depth knowledge and experience in IaaS/PaaS solutions (e.g. AWS Infrastructure hosting and managed services)
- Experience in Architecture scoping and build cost estimation
- Understanding of Data Science concepts e.g. Machine Learning, predictive models, recommendations systems
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices
- A highly flexible, adaptable and resilient personality, with the ability to work in an international team environment
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of engineers and developers
- Effectively interact with product managers and other organisational units such as Testing and Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary
Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related disciplines
Eutopia Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487350