Scrum Master - Financial Services
Job Title: Scrum Master
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is the UK's number 1 'investment supermarket' for private investors. For more than 30 years, they have helped investors save time, tax and money on their investments. Today they are trusted with more than £82.0 billion by 983,000 clients. They are a secure, FTSE 100 company who now employ over 1400 people in their central Bristol office.
The Change Team plays a key role in maintaining and enhancing competitive advantage in the market by delivering change in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This role is an opportunity to act as Scrum Master, helping them to adopt agile practices.
The Scrum Master enables a software development team to deliver their best to the business, using Agile approaches to assist learning, planning, and tracking of progress. They are responsible for establishing and evolving agile practices within the team, and discovering ways of working which meet stakeholder needs and remain compatible with established approaches.
The Scrum Master works in partnership with the team's Product Owner to ensure the team's time is used effectively and is focused on the right priorities. The role includes working with other agile teams to share practices, provide support and drive continuous improvement.
What will you be doing?
- Leading 1-2 Scrum team (typically comprising business analysts, developers and testers) to deliver high quality software whilst meeting time commitments
- Driving work through the team; predict and remove impediments, directly and through process improvements
- Providing up to date project progress and forecast information, raising risks and issues where necessary
- Working with stakeholders to understand and meet their needs
- Evolving ways of working to improve quality and speed of delivery
- Creating and ensuring productive, sustainable ways of working
- Leading, coaching and mentoring the team
- Working with other Agile teams to encourage effective practices
- Working with peers in IT and the wider business to help manage resource conflicts, capacity and availability
- Encouraging a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Acting as an ambassador for agile adoption within Hargreaves Lansdown
What will you bring?
- Proactive, resourceful and willing to use initiative
- Drive and tenacity to continuously improve
- Collaborative, community driven approach
- Friendly, open, positive attitude
- Excels in a highly pressurised environment
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence people
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Leadership and team building
- Stakeholder management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Systems thinking and workflow analysis
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience helping organisations in their early adoption of Agile principles and practices
- Experience leading and facilitating teams using Agile Methods such as Scrum, Kanban and DSDM
- An understanding of the project lifecycle and project management methodologies
- Strong understanding and practical application of team metrics
- Thorough understanding of software development principles and processes
- An understanding of the principles of Continuous Delivery and DevOps
- Industry experience, predominantly within financial services and/or regulated environments
- Experience of line management
- Experience as a Scrum Master or Product Owner
- Recognised Agile certifications
- Active contribution to the agile community (blogs, meetups, conferences)
This is your opportunity to shape how a FTSE 100 company uses Agile to deliver its products. Join them, they're just getting started
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Scrum Master, ScrumMaster, Agile Lead, Agile Scrum Master, Agile Scrum Lead may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483602