Linux Engineer / Team Lead - RedHat Linux
Linux Engineer / Team Lead (RedHat Linux Low Latency TCP LAN/WAN ITIL Puppet). The World?s leading financial derivatives trading site is seeking a senior hands-on Linux Engineer / Team Lead to provide technical leadership to a close knit team of 5-6 responsible for the firms? RedHat Linux infrastructure and supported services across the globe.
Your responsibilities will include monitoring Linux systems for availability and performance - liaising with the infrastructure and development teams to ensure optimal uptime performance of busy, mission critical, low latency financial trading environments; to include installing, maintaining and securing systems, implementing new tools and technologies and troubleshooting production issues. You?ll be supporting Execution, Market Data and Client Connectivity platforms, working closely with Market Data experts.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a very successful company in a senior position that will provide interesting technical challenges. You will be working in their impressive City based offices in a professional yet informal and collaborative software house environment.
- Experienced as a Linux Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator with strong knowledge of implementing and supporting RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Leadership experience (mentoring, performance reviews and other line management duties)
- Knowledge of Low Latency network technologies i.e. ChelsIO / Solarflare
- Experience with tuning of systems based on CPU/IO/Memory profiles
- Good understanding of core networking concepts, including TCP, LAN/WAN protocols and datacentre architectures
- Familiar with automation tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Excellent communication skills
- Desirable: RHCE, financial sector experience
As a Linux Engineer / Team Lead you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £85k), bonus and a comprehensive benefits package.
Send your CV or call for an informal discussion about this Linux Engineer / Team Lead opportunity.
Job Role: Linux Engineer / Team Lead; Location: London; Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 + bonus + benefits
This Linux Engineer / Team Lead vacancy is being advertised by Client Server Ltd. Client Server is a leading recruitment consultancy specialising in technical positions in IT, the services advertised are those of an Employment Agency. We recruit across a range of sectors including finance and banking, software houses, innovative technology start-ups, media, telecommunications, eCommerce and consultancies. We will never send your CV without your permission.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959487195