Recann are thrilled to be able to present this unique opportunity with our well respected leisure client.
The Principal BI Analyst is the IT lead responsible for implementing and operating the policies and requirements of the Data Owners, who are generally Directors/senior individuals across the business. For instance, a Data Owner might specify new feeds of data to integrate, changes to user access policies, data hierarchies and mappings (master data management), etc. The Principal BI Analyst will translate data requirements into data, technology and process changes, and will be responsible for the ongoing management/maintenance of Business Intelligence (BI) Data Repository.
Ensure the effective management and maintenance of the capabilities that are delivered by the BI Project, ensuring these can be built upon as data needs develop and mature.
Allow transition from the data architect contractors who are delivering the BI Project to an ongoing operational capability.
Prevent the single source of truth that the BI Project is creating within the Data Repository from rapidly deteriorating in quality and usefulness, which would negatively impact the business benefits.
The role description and person specification will include skills and experience such as:
- data governance/data lifecycle management
- data management/data quality/master data management
- data architecture/data modelling
- data/business analysis and data manipulation through SQL and Excel
- data protection and information security
- managing data providers and data loading/transformation
- managing 3rd party data managed services
- familiarity with leading BI Tools and report writing tools, producing visualisations/dashboards/reports - familiarity with Tableau and Microsoft SSRS is an advantage
- mid-level seniority - someone who can instil senior business leaders with confidence, can deliver through others, but who can also do much of the doing where required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959455895