Front End Developer | PropTech
The front-end team is in charge of delivering a first-class user experience which is key to everything we do. We're looking for an experienced front-end engineer to work closely with our design and back-end development teams to build a beautiful, modern, usable and maintainable web interface across our customer-facing application portfolio.
Who we are
Our client an ambitious team with big plans. Their goal is to be one of the defining tech companies of our generation by using technology to rebuild the process of selling a house from the ground up.
To them, it seems crazy that people?s biggest asset is also the least liquid. Their vision is to allow every UK home-owner to get a fair offer on their house in minutes.
They have previously founded GoCardless and Songkick and are already on a faster growth trajectory than both and backed by Europe?s leading VCs and entrepreneurs.
Having done it before we know what it takes to be successful. They?re looking for exceptional people, excited by the prospect of building something that matters.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Implementing complex designs using HTML5 and CSS3 that offer a first-class experience on desktop, tablet and mobile platforms.
- Testing applications and components at a unit, integration and system level.
- Streamline build process to best suit the job as requirements evolve including the use of appropriate existing tools in the Webpack ecosystem.
- Working on our customer facing and internal applications (you get the opportunity to move between them and learn about different varied areas of the business).
- Drive front-end strategy, adopting new tools and technologies in order for us to succeed.
- Work with these fine folk to help build a world class team
We think you'll probably:
- Obsessively keep up to date with new tools and techniques.
- Care deeply about building reliable and well-tested systems whilst striving to build products used by millions of people.
- Have a good eye for design - you know what good looks like
- Be familiar with CI tools - we run a continuous deployment programme here.
- You?ll have some experience with back-end development, particularly using Elixir
Things which would be useful but not essential:
- Experience as part of an engineering team at a fast growing company.
- A keen eye for saving milliseconds here and there.
Finally benefits! It wouldn't be a job description without a benefits section. They believe their values set them apart and are their biggest benefit. They take them very seriously and they?re at the core of everything we do. Beyond their values they have some other great perks to tell you about.
- Flexible working. Most of the team work from home a day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Budget (£3,000) for making sure you?ve got your perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget, and dedicated company-wide learning days focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled + monthly team events
- Pension scheme (4% employer contribution)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Plus, if they're ever buying or selling a home we?re pretty good at helping with this as well :-)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485622