Delivery Manager required to join a leading National TFM provider within the MOD framework. Girling Jones require a Delivery Manager to join a business focusing on the delivery of all contractual outputs and manage Supply Chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility. This is a diverse position, offering a Delivery Manager the chance to work on varied properties. You will be joining a structured business, with a history within the MOD Estates Management realm.
Your new position
- Monitor Supply Chain work teams to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks
- Ensure that all operatives have appropriate vehicles, equipment and skills to perform relevant tasks.
- Monitor service delivery, value for money, quality and safe working to ensure all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Review site risk registers, follow maintenance and management processes and notify Management of any defects on equipment or systems.
- Work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Ensure compliance with the Asbestos register and management plan
- Ensure compliance with the Legionella management plan
- Develop and maintain close working and effective relationships with the client and end users to pro-actively support estate activities and provide professional and technical advice as required.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements including the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Assist in the resolution of complaints in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Provide sufficient and timely supervision, assessment and coaching to ensure teams are performing to agreed service levels, ensuring effectiveness and value for money.
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectation through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
What you'll need to succeed
Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
- Management of the operational delivery of Estate Management tasks
- Leading an operational team to achieve KPIs
- Planning, directing and controlling activities, Management of Safe Systems of Work
- Experience of supervising site operations
- Planning, directing and controlling activities
- Agreeing scope and priorities of work
- Proactive performance management
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to develop and influence across the business
- Lead by example across contract and by achieving objectives and consistently demonstrating the Company values.
- Motivate local site team through clear, effective direction, delegation and decision making and strive for excellence in personal and site objectives.
- Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience.
- Negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the contract
- Maintains high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintains focus to deliver results.
- Plan resources effectively and monitor against clear objectives, ensuring milestones and targets are met.
- Through the use of available technology produce and analyse data, maintain accurate records and identify problems within area of remit.
- Manage cost and value for money utilising technical knowledge and experiential experience.
- Takes responsibility for the implementation of Health & Safety processes on site
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Construction & Property Maintenance processes and maintain focus on site compliance to deliver results.
- HND level qualification in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Developed IT skills (e.g. Excel, Word etc.)
- Associate Member of British Institute of Facilities Management
- Accredited training qualification in Asbestos Responsible Person, Legionella Responsible Person, Authorised Person Training, Emergency First Aid, Fire Safety
- Familiarisation with WorkManager applications
What you'll get in return
In return a market leading salary plus package
The next step?
Click apply for an immediate call back or contact Adele at Girling Jones for a full job description
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485501