HMI Specialist Engineer
Mission & Main Objectives:
This vacancy is for an HMI Specialist working in the department responsible for the instrument cluster, navigation, audio, driver controls and head-up display development. The department is part of the Electronics Division. The Division mission is to develop and successfully launch electrical and electronic systems onto existing and new vehicle platforms in Europe.
An HMI Specialist is required to join a newly created HMI team. The team works in an exciting new area and is essential to the success of HMI solutions delivered for our European vehicles. The team's role will be to provide European input to Nissan's global HMI development process covering HMI content and technology as well as completing specific HMI related annual activities on behalf of our global counterparts.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Agree on timing for European input to global HMI developments with overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and conduct reviews of HMI systems & create alternative proposals if required.
- Make feedback to overseas counterparts.
- Make input into HMI guideline definitions.
- Conduct necessary competitor benchmarking.
- Conduct specific annual HMI type activities requested by overseas counterparts.
- Prepare for and make regular status reports to Senior Management within NTCE
Background and Experience:
The successful candidate should have a proven automotive development background and a strong knowledge of automotive HMI principles and best practice.
Ideally, you should also have an understanding of electronic principles and an interest and appreciation for HMI technologies applied in vehicles now and a vision towards the future.
Important personal attributes include being well organised, an excellent communicator and able to show high levels of initiative and proactivity.
Be able to travel in the UK and abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks.
Competent with PC applications (MS office etc).
- Free on-site parking
- Working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483764