Key Stage 2 Teacher (Specialist Education)
Are you looking for a rewarding and exciting opportunity to become a Key Stage 2 Teacher in the Shrewsbury area of Shropshire?
Do you want to finish your working day knowing you have encouraged young people to achieve their goals and aspirations?
Working for a provider of specialist education for children with complex needs, you will work with children between the ages of 10-18 years of age. You will be passionate about supporting young people to achieve their goals and make them feel valued.
As a Key Stage 2 Teacher, you will have an integrated approach to education and you will tailor your approach to the individual?s needs. Duties will include:
- Delivering an appropriate broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to students.
- Work on a range of different qualifications, including WJEC, GCSE and functional skills.
- Design and implement creative, flexible, and stimulating learning programmes.
- Create and manage lessons in groups, paired and 1:1 sessions.
- Work towards educational targets, which are reviewed and monitored on a regular basis.
- Manage confrontational and challenging behaviour.
- Apply boundaries in a positive manner.
What experience and qualifications will you need?
PGCE or equivalent would be desirable as well as an awareness of special needs education. Most of all we are looking for an inspirational Key Stage 2 Teacher with a commitment to engaging reluctant learners in education and to improve the quality of life for children and young people.
This is a full-time role, and you will gain a salary dependent on qualifications and experience (up to £30k per annum). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for working with children and the importance of special needs education.
Interested to find out more? Please click on apply and we will contact you to discuss further
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959477315