FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Our client is currently seeking to recruit Full Stack Developers to join their reputable company based in the heart of London.
Location - This role is based in London
Package - £70,000 - £90,000 dependent on experience
As a Full-Stack Developer you will be a part of delivering our mission to inform, educate, entertain and inspire over 200 million people from 200+ countries.
You will contribute to the development and delivery of an in-house, cutting-edge news authoring and publishing web/mobile platform used by 800 journalists in London, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney to create 1000+ articles from different walks of life every day: news, politics, sport, art, entertainment, celebrity gossip, travel, science, finance, etc.
You will work in small cross-functional teams using a range of tools. Our client is migrating from Java towards NodeJS. and favour lightweight tools and libraries over frameworks. Our client shares the ownership of the design through to the delivery of the products.
Our client believes that you will perform best having involvement in the design of the solutions. They prototype and experiment with new technologies and use peer review to ensure the solution is maintainable.
You will be actively encouraged to learn new skills and you will quickly see the value of your contribution with millions of people visiting our client's website.
The wide variety of projects will allow you to advance your career within the company.
What are we looking for?
- You are passionate about technology and building great things
- You think independently and critically
- You take responsibility.
- You ask questions and can take advice
- You quickly absorb and apply new information
- You?re a self learner and keen to teach others
- You are pragmatic and prefer simple solutions
Necessary knowledge and skills:
- A public GitHub profile would really help us get a feel for what you?re all about.
What's the package?
- Perks such as a free onsite gym, employee discounts and a highly subsidised restaurant.
- You?ll be working in the heart of Central London, that is great for shops, bars and restaurants, with Hyde Park where we often go for lunch just a stone?s throw away.
- You?ll have the opportunity to specialise in areas that appeal to you, or remain a generalist if that floats your boat.
- You will have access to training days, e-learning courses and conferences.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Contributory pension scheme after probation period.
- Season ticket loan.
What are the opportunities that can be offered?
- You?ll be the part of an internationally recognised global brand ? it will allow your CV to stand out to prospective employers.
- You will work on cutting edge web and mobile technologies in friendly multi- disciplinary agile teams using the latest open source tools.
- You will have a great social network, gain invaluable experience from the field of your choice, learn new skills and develop expert knowledge at one of the most exciting media companies in London.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484717