Applications and Support Engineer
My client is currently recruiting for an Applications and Support Engineer to be based at head office in East Sussex.
Purpose Of The Role: Technical and application support on the companies advanced systems, externally and internally.
- Providing technical support to customers and via email, telephone and remote access on Laser based systems and software
- Functionality and performance testing of equipment in the field
- Support R&D/software teams in testing of new products
- Advise sales team on system configuration and applications
- Support Test and Installation team in system pre-installations
- Deliver onsite non-scientific customer training
- Maintenance and updating of service records
- Preparation of service reports following in on site work
- Compliance with all internal quality and Health and Safety procedures
- Undertaking demonstrations on systems where necessary
- Consulting with prominent life scientists by phone, email and in person to advise them on the best solution for their application
- Production of training and technical documentation
- Providing training to other business units on new products, features or applications.
Qualifications Required: Minimum Degree level qualification in life sciences or engineering
- Experience (either Laboratory or commercial) in the use of laser scanning microscopy and associated hardware
- Comfortable handling complex instrumentation (capital equipment)
- Have a general understanding of key concepts of optics, electronics mechanics, programming, neuroscience applications. Proven expertise in one or more of those fields is a plus.
If this role is of interest and you have the qualifications and experience then please contact ************************ Or *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959483527