2nd Line Support Engineer - Reading
Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 2nd line Support Engineer to be based in Reading?
You will be responsible for receiving, handling and supporting the resolution of Incidents and Issues elevated by monitoring tools, customer initiated tickets and calls.
Main Duties of the Role
- Receipting of tickets raised via portals/network monitoring systems
- Assessing and prioritising incidents based on pre-determined definitions
- Helpdesk Ticket Management
- Regular monitoring of cloud systems and required escalation to meet the company?s current needs
- Check backups/escalate failures ? possible troubleshooting
- Creating/using reporting macros
- Analysing Reports to identify where operational needs are required
- Monitoring device/sensor creation
- To act as quality control function for the Service Desk ? ensuring consistency and completeness of performance, identifying individual training needs.
- Update and maintain any knowledge documentation on new processes and products, software and hardware support
Your Skills and Experience
- A good standard of general education
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Good working knowledge of Windows Servers
- Brilliant communication skills
- C. £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485687