Engine Test Technician
A global automotive consultancy are looking for a number of Engine Test Technicians to join their team, apply now!
Engine Test Technician - Emissions / Powertrain / Component
This is an exciting opportunity for an Engine Test Technician to join a consultancy based on site at their head office. The client offers engineering solutions to the automotive market and are looking to increase their workforce due to continued success and the growth of their powertrain test department. As a Technician there won't be two days the same. Within their engines facility you will be responsible for managing multiple engine test beds simultaneously in regards to validation, durability, calibration and development of customer engine programmes.
This will include installing the engine within the test cell, fabricating brackets, plugging the engine in to the cell, performing pre-test checks, running the test, collating and validating the test data, liaising with other technicians and test engineers, performing any engine service tasks and potentially carry out further tests on inconclusive results with the aim of achieving the customer's targets.
Ideally, you will be currently working as a test technician within a test cell environment in either the Automotive/Aerospace/Off-highway/Power Generation arenas.
- Ideally qualified to City & Guilds level in Automotive/Mechanical Engineering or time served as an apprentice.
- Knowledge and usage of testbed hardware/software.
- Knowledge and usage of test instruments such as thermocouples and pressure transducers.
- Knowledge and usage of AVL Puma, HORIBA STARS and Concerto
- Hands-on engine building and engine stripping.
- £Competitive! + A very good shift premium
- Shift premium, 10% pension, health care, 25 days holiday
This is a shift-based role where you will be working on a 1 week of late/1 week of early shifts. Times will be 6am-2pm /2pm-10pm.
Advanced Resource Managers Engineering Limited operates & advertises as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for contract/temporary positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485642