Agricultural Engineering Apprentices and Welding Instructor
SPARSHOLT COLLEGE HAMPSHIRE
1.0 Full time Assessor/Trainer - Agricultural Engineering Apprentices and Welding Instructor.
Â£23,187 - Â£24,599 with possible supplement of up to Â£5000 according to experience.
37 hours a week
Are you passionate about the training of the next generation of agricultural/land based engineers? If so, we are looking to recruit a part time assessor to assess our growing Land Based Engineering Apprenticeships.
The hours will be on a flexible arrangement, assessing apprentices for their qualification in the workplace and delivering welding evening classes.
The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience of working in the agricultural/land based engineering trade. Will possess an Assessor qualification or be willing to attain one with a specified period of time. Welding experience to deliver MIG and TIG up to level 2 is required and knowledge and experience of ARC and Exotic would be desirable.
There is access to the use of college vehicles for visiting apprentices but having your own transport is desirable for which mileage will be paid. This post is based at the Sparsholt campus.
In addition, the successful applicant will have:
- A good knowledge of Land based engineering and machinery.
- Current experience in land-based engineering and machinery.
- Ability to plan training programmes (each apprentice follows slightly different Units and employers can provide different experiences).
- Ability to assess to the required standards and provide guidance if the evidence is not to the standard
- Ability to complete documentation accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Ability to monitor apprentice's progress
- Ability to work with apprentices and be able to motivate and encourage them to complete work.
- Ability to work / liaise with employers
- Previous assessing/trainer/teaching experience would be an advantage but not essential.
Full training in respect of the assessing part of the role will be provided.
Interested? Register for free now and apply today!
Closing Date: 13 November 2017