Events Assistant Apprenticeship
Events Assistant Apprenticeship (Digital, Admin) MEAR56278
Apprenticeship Grade 2
Here at Mears Group our vision is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
We do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and our approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with Mears has a rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life. With offices across the UK, a job at Mears could be just around the corner.
We are now seeking to appoint an Events Assistant Apprentice to join us at our office in Rotherham.
Within this role, you will be responsible for working with the Events Manager to provide event related administrative support ensuring the successful delivery of events programme. Sitting within the Digital Communications team, you will ensure that live updates via Mear?s internal media and external media tools are utilised. The types of events include but are not limited to; roundtables, fringe events, forums, conferences, awards, bespoke dinners.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Venue and supplier research
- Attend all event meetings ? provide minutes and update the event timeline
- Event scheduling
- Briefing documents, invitations and following up attendees
- Guest list management including enquiries
- Signage at the event ? all general sponsor signage, including any specific sponsor deliverables
- Production of sponsor deliverables ? including badging, bespoke events onsite, branded items
- Travel and accommodation booking for the team working on the event.
- Post-event wrap-up
- An enthusiastic candidate with a lot of initiative
- Strong digital skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent literacy skills
- Ability to work within a team and assist team members
- Ability to liaise across several departments in order to bring a project together
- Strong computer literacy
- Great communication skills
- An ambitious attitude
- Some previous events/admin experience would be an advantage
Once you join the family, you'll have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including...
- Training and development
- Mears Advantage - Allowing you to save money on everything from weekly groceries, to your annual family holiday
- Mears Assist - A confidential hotline open to all colleagues, providing support on a wide range of personal and work-related issues.
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for a period of time at Mears are rewarded for their service.
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
Mears Group PLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunities Employers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484027