Project Engineer - Pharmaceutical
(REQUIRES SOLID DOSE EXPERIENCE)
Option for -
Short term contract - £50,000
LTD contractor - £50ph
The Project Engineer will be responsible for organising and managing both internal staff
and external contractors, to provide an effective and efficient project engineering
service to the client. To support and develop team working across
all members within the project engineering section.
Main duties -
· Liaise as required with Customer Departments to determine current and future
requirements and assist in the preparation of a five-year rolling programme.
· Assist the users in the development and Implementation of the User Requirements
specification (URS) and scope of works for equipment, facilities, and engineering systems
defined as the project.
· In conjunction with the Design & Project Engineering Manager, vet, select and brief
discipline consultants to deliver required design packages
· Liaise with manufacturers and contractors to secure estimates and or quotations based on
the current URS and or scope of works.
· Prepare Design, procurement and installation plans on all projects, effectively manage the
delivery of changes to the plans.
· Carry out technical, health & safety and commercial evaluation of suppliers' contractors'
proposals, and liase with other internal departments and make final recommendations.
· Manage the preparation of Tender documentation and execute the tendering procedure
· Carry out negotiations with suppliers/contractors to secure best value/delivery options.
· Prepare purchase order/contract documentation for authorised suppliers/vendors. Expedite
and Manage the delivery programme
· Manage, monitor and control expenditure of allocated projects and provide progress reports on a regular basis.
· Manage implementation of equipment/processes/ facilities in accordance with the Company's standards and procedure
· Ensure compliance of allocated projects with H & S, GMP, PUWER procedures.
· Co-ordinate duties across all functions during installation/commissioning and validation phases of allocated projects
· Assist in the preparation of the Quality and Implementation Plans for all projects
· Organise control and co-ordinate project related meetings
· Ensure that full and adequate communication systems are in place and effectively used on all allocated projects
· Ensure that monthly reports are prepared on all allocated projects
· To assist in the implementation and development of Health and Safety procedures and standards including auditing
· Carry out any other related duties that may be requested from time to time by the Design & Project Engineering Manager
· Ensure that all Contractors are managed in accordance with Company procedures
· To fully understand and ensure compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental Legislation, Statutory Legislation, CDM (Design & Management) Regulations, Construction Regulations, Pressure Systems, COSHH, PUWER,
· Ensure compliance with both company and regulatory requirements
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444737