The company is based in Coventry. They supply men's tailoring for a number of high street retailers including Asos and River Island.
My Client are a family business that specialises in the manufacturing, importing and distribution of menswear.
They have been established over 35 years, and over this time have gathered a wealth of experience in supplying to independent, multiples department stores and discounters.
The company prides itself offering affordable quality garments.And meeting customer requirements in terms of competitive price, quality, flexibility and dependability.They have their own factories that give them maximum flexibility, production and quality, producing over 100,000 pieces per month.
Key Responsibilities for an Import merchandiser:
- Attend customer meetings, when required and collect the details of their requirements to develop the business and relationship with the customer.
- Ensure the smooth of progression of styles through the sampling & bulk critical paths.
- Ensure orders which appear on customer electronic system are checked to confirm that they have been raised correctly in reference particularly to style, quantity/size breakdown, price and delivery date.
- Accountable for the accuracy of delivery information held within customer systems & critical paths.
- Gain an in depth understanding of the product, when possible attend fit meetings, review QC figures
- Be aware of Reach & other EU regulations & when required offer support to the department on ensuring they follows guidelines.
Client Inquiry Sampling
- Responsible for the on time delivery of samples and to ensure samples are made to correct design brief, correct fit, quality, wash and construction.
- Undertake when required any accessory development, linking closely with customers to ensure on time development & price confirmation.
Co-ordination with Suppliers
- Liaise with factories and suppliers on a daily basis.
- Build strong relationship with office colleagues, carrying out weekly critical path meetings to ensure smooth running of customer account
- Gain understanding of the styles within the range, suppliers strengths & sample critical path lead-times & to use this knowledge to constantly review waypoint deadlines & proactively solve any obstacles to the on time delivery of samples.
- Accountable for the raising of accurate orders & ensuring all price & delivery information is accurate. cross referencing the components information advised in the garment specification.
- Carry out regular reviews of factory foreseeing any capacity issues & proactively offering solutions & reporting issues to MD. Maintain factory capacities & adjust when necessary.
- Provide instructions to suppliers on any airfreights & where applicable ensure compensation is agreed.
- Record awareness of suppliers weakness & strengths.
- Approve supplier cost prices
- Approve pre-shipment advice
The ideal Import merchandiser will:
- Have completed a degree in Fashion & Marketing, Buying and Merchandising or similar
- Hold previous experience in a similar import merchandiser role
- Have a passion for the fashion industry, with an understanding of the high street and the new trends and development
- Understand the production process thoroughly
- Prioritise their workload, communicate effectively with their team and perform well under pressure
- Be a good team player and able to liaise with other departments.
- Be very confident, flexible and willing to learn.
- Thrive off solving problems
- Good all-round Microsoft, office, excel skills
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77524693