Lead CAD Engineer (Cooling Systems) - 34343 - upto £2541/hr
An experienced CAD Design Engineer is required, working for the Cooling System team the prospective candidate will be responsible for completing D&R activities relating to conceptual package through to detail design. In conjunction with the platform Lead Engineer, Integration Lead and CAD engineers. The role will involve leading the development of component package, design, verification and release within the framework of the Product Creation System.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead CAD Engineer for Component Package / Detailed Design to support Quotation Process
- Liaise with Integration team and CAE team to ensure component verification completed
- Liaise with supply base to ensure component production feasibility and supply
- Ensure the new cooling system components meet package and functional targets, complying with cooling system design specifications and guidelines
- Ensure 2D detailed drawings to support system / component release comply with fuel system design specifications and guidelines
- Complete relevant release processes for component parts within the Part Releasing System.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to robustly follow process, with planning of activities and releases under minimum supervision to support component design and release.Good communication skills are essential to support a good working relationship with the Lead Engineer, CAD Engineer and key suppliers to allow the component package and design to be developed efficiently.Experience with of routed components ie. Pipework, harnesses etc. Familiarity with vehicle installation requirements & powertrain functionality.
Able to manage workload and work independently. Knowledge of Cooling System Component design or development. Knowledge of the vehicle manufacturing process is advantageous but not essential. Knowledge of CCDS Experience of component compliance checking and ability to read 2D DRGs essential.
Minimum 3 years in Automotive
To apply please contact Rachel Meacham.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959484086