Technical/Operations Manager Nottingham £60-85kBenefits
Technical / Operations Manager Nottingham £60-85k+Benefits
The Technical/Operations Manager is responsible for taking a lead role in the scope, design & delivery of my client's market leading software applications. The primary objective of the role is to manage and drive a team of Software Engineers responsible for the evolution of their products and the ideal candidate will have experience in cross functional leadership roles, including hands on software development, project management & product ownership.
This is not a hands-on development role but a knowledge of open source technologies is beneficial.
- Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for the evolution of all software products
- Provide leadership to a team of software engineers in developing, maintaining and expanding the capacity of the company's innovative software
- Provide and maintain software development standards and participate in the development of departmental strategies
- Implement and nurture best practices and continuous improvement strategies
- Stakeholder Management ensuring budget, time & quality deliverables are met
- Provide strategic advice and guidance as part of the Leadership Team, to maintain awareness of developments within the industry and to ensure that the appropriate actions are taken to meet the company's mission and objectives.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- A proven record of success in a similar role within the software industry.
- Experience of working on all phases of a project lifecycle from business analysis through to implementation and support
- Excellent Business Analysis & Project Management skills
- Previous experience working with open source / cloud technologies in an Agile environment desirable but not essential
- Ability to manage and motivate a multi-skilled team
- A strong understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques with a very high level of commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to represent the Company at appropriate speaking engagements.
If you are a great team player who gets on well with others and are looking for a move which will enhance your career in a fantastic working environment then please send your CV IMMEDIATELY for consideration. This role is active now, interviews are planned for the week ahead and a prompt turnaround is expected.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959485290