Infrastructure Engineer (AWS, ESXi, Office365)
Job Title: Infrastructure Engineer (AWS, ESXi, Office365)
Job ID: 03124
Job Type: Permanent
One of the world?s leading financial payment organisations are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer to join their London team, you will be working in a strong Network and Infrastructure team and be tasked to provide operational support and project delivery.
- The role will be working within an existing team, you will install, configure test and maintain operating systems, software and software management tools and provide 2nd and 3rd line support over the phone and via service requests.
- The role is extremely diverse and will working across a number of different departments liaising with stakeholders and end users on a day to day basis.
- Managing multi server environments with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange and Office 365, SCCM or MDT, SANs, Backup and Restoration using Veritas Backup Exec and VMWare ESXi
- Supporting and deploying IT infrastructure within AWS.
- Configure and maintain software, hardware and networks.
- Working within ISO 27001 security standard and data privacy requirements.
- Analysing and resolving faults in an efficient and expeditious manner to minimize client downtime
- Firm understanding and experience in the design, implementation, management and support of Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policies in a client/server environment and experience with Windows Server 2012/2008/2016 - All Aspects, IIS, DNS, DHCP etc
- Experience of client imaging, software packaging and deployment technologies
- Experience in the configuration, management and support of an Office 2013/365 environment including Exchange, SharePoint and Skype
- Experience in the design, implementation, management and support of virtualization technologies (VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Strong technical skills across AWS, both support and implementation.
- Experience of License management.
- Minimum 2 years in a level 2 or 3 systems engineering role.
- Minimum 12 months supporting and managing AWS environments.
- Exposure to ISO27001.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical understanding of core networking and infrastructure services.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven practical problem solving and analysis experience.
- Identifies what needs to be done and can take independent action when the situation requires it.
- Incident management: records incidents in Service Cloud, follow escalation protocol and work on escalated tickets.
If this sounds like a good match, then please get in touch ASAP as interviews are taking place immediately.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443656