Project Engineer / Manager
Project Engineer / Manager
Location: Kings Norton, Birmingham
adi Group is a large, privately owned, Birmingham based multi-disciplined engineering company offering total engineered solutions to food, beverage, aerospace, defence and automotive industries.
We currently employ over 550 people in regional offices and customer sites across the UK.
At adi Group we believe our success as a business is a direct result of our core values and retaining talented individuals with a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence.
About the Project Engineer / Manager position:
Working for our Smart Metering division you will be responsible for the project management of a number of installations running concurrently across the UK for a high level customer. Working away from home on a regular basis is an expected part of the role.
Site management support, manage and deliver project plans together with managing the day to day activities on projects. Survey works, estimation and quote preparation as required. Responsible for design solutions, all engineering activities and processes from design stage to commissioning and hand over.
Delivery of well-engineered project work in full compliance with all legislation (health and safety) and generally accepted good engineering practice whilst ensuring customer satisfaction.
The range of responsibilities will also include but not be limited to; quotation, negotiation, technical design & engineering, profit and loss, site and client meetings, invoicing, final acceptance, receipts and dealing with contentious points.
Requirements of the Project Engineer / Manager:
- Be highly qualified within electrical / mechanical / BMS engineering industry with an extensive experience, knowledge and proven track record in project management.
- HNC or equivalent.
- 5 x GCSE grade C or above to include Maths, English and Science
- Qualified Electrician to BS7671 17th Edition (Desirable)
- Mechanical and BMS qualifications would be an advantage.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Possess excellent project management skills.
- Experience of electrical and mechanical metering installations and their associated communication protocols including testing, commissioning and validation.
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of Smart Metering installations
- Experience of GPRS Modems & Data Loggers.
- Experience of working with Low Power Radio Frequency (RF) equipment.
- Experience of meter and BMS type set-up menus.
- Experience in the installation, set-up and commissioning of Current Transformers and associated metering hardware.
- Knowledge of electricity meters and associated communications e.g. Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Modbus RS485, M-Bus, Pulse, etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical meters and systems ? gas, water, LTHW, CHW, etc.
- Knowledge of design software such as Autocad would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Able to participate and provide input in presentations.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Project Engineer / Manager role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959482584