Purchase Ledger Clerk
Your new company
You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation based in West Bromwich.
Your new role
- Ensuring that all purchase supplier accounts information is accurate and up to date on.
- Create purchase orders for direct materials and obtain approval from manager prior to sending to supplier.
- Create purchase orders for purchases in PO system and obtain approval from manager prior to sending to supplier.
- Review supplier order confirmation details to confirm order is correct & that required delivery date is accepted by supplier.
- Ensure that all deliveries are booked in with warehouse & Provide list of 'goods to be received' to Goods In Department.
- Ensure overdue deliveries are chased with the supplier & update production planner of any late deliveries.
- Ensure all outstanding orders are closed off on PO System.
- Maintain a performance report on direct suppliers late deliveries and credit request.
- Build a strong relationship with direct supplier's contacts.
- Provide information to colleagues to ensure that staff are up to date with delays on any direct supplies.
- Other office ad-hoc duties.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be very accurate with your processing and IT literate as there are multiple systems to comprehend. Not only should you have a good grasp of Sage 50 but you need to be able to pick up other systems, the organisation has multiple bespoke systems that you will need to learn. You should have experience dealing with Purchase Ledger invoices or high level finance administration.
What you'll get in return
You will be generously paid between £18,000-£23,000 for a Purchase Ledger role which is high compared to the current market rates. You will also be auto enrolled into their pension plan and get 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77507024