Senior Electrical / Electronic / Compliance Engineer
Job title Senior Electrical / Electronic / Compliance Engineer
Purpose of job To produce electrical/electronic designs and CE compliance assessments
Reporting relationships Line Manager is Team Leader
Budget responsibility None
Staff responsibility None
Location Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Employment status Permanent / Full-time (Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week)
Closing date Friday 17th November 2017
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- HNC/HND or Honours Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent;
- Proven record and Electrical / Electronic design;
- Assessing products and applying applicable CE marking directives and harmonised standards, product assessment to the standards, and compilation of all documentation required for the Technical Construction File;
- Computer literate, experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products;
- In depth knowledge of Orcad and EPLAN design packages modelling would be advantageous;
- Good knowledge of appropriate drawing and defence standards;
- Good understanding of Design Assurance as defined in the electrical / electronic design process;
- Knowledge of electro-optics and design for EMC are desirable but not essential;
- Good communication (both written and aural) skills;
- Well developed interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures;
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability and efficiency;
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs;
- Discussing and solving complex problems with sub-contractors, suppliers and customers;
- Maintain a design data pack, making sure that the item can be made again reliably and that it will perform consistently within the user requirement specification;
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs;
- Recommending modifications in the light of prototype test results;
- Trial support, including work on surface vessels and submarine trials;
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints;
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the Hardware Department.
- Use engineering principles to provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and
- Work on a project from design stage to final commissioning of the new system within the terms of the local Engineering Design Procedure and within the stated parameters of the work package agreement.
- Accountable to project managers and technical managers as appropriate;
- Accountable to Team Leader for application of the Design Engineering Procedure;
- Accountable for the assessment of product to the relevant CE marking directives;
- Accountable for the production of designs, calculations and associated drawings and documentation;
- Ensure that the requirements of the customer is known and understood and obtain feedback on the extent to which customers’ expectations are being met, ensuring the customers’ expectations are being managed in the event of unforeseen problems and delays;
- Estimating time and resources and eventually cost, to the customer to produce the required drawings;
- To progress design tasks through the design phase to meet project requirements;
- Ensure the drawings and modelling meet required standards and maintain the design record, monitor progress;
- Check engineering drawings for quality and supporting evidence;
- Organising & ensuring attendance at key point meetings throughout the project;
- Planning within the design group, determining milestones with the relevant project engineers and taking ownership of those on behalf of the Design Team.
- Ability to take responsibility for situations and work tasks
- Ability to represent the company to the customer
- Team work
- Able to work to a plan
- Maintain a clean and tidy working environment
The successful candidate must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.