Wireless / Mobile Network Engineer
Principal Wireless / Mobile Network Engineer
Incredible opportunity for a Principal Wireless / Mobile Network Engineer to work with a major Bristol based government project's development of the infrastructure and platform for experimentation in 5G Technologies. Opportunity to join an expanding team working on innovative technology.
The experience we need.
- Minimum of 3 years real experience in an enterprise network environment (specialised in wireless and mobile networks)
- Proven experience in Linux networking and network management
- Proven experience in cellular networks (3G/4G) -design, installation, operation and troubleshooting- with on-field experience
- Proven experience in wireless troubleshooting, including packet analysis
- Understanding of MIMO antennae principles and RF transmission/networking
- Understanding of RF Mesh networking principles for IoT applications
- Knowledge on Software Defined Networking (SDN) & Network Function Virtualisation (NFV)
- Proven experience on Wireless LAN/PAN (802.11 and 802.15.4 families)
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) or equivalent
- Advanced notions on Wireless Security
- Ability to work in and for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to learn quickly
- Ability to work to deadlines while demonstrating a track record for innovation and creativity
A Principal Wireless / Mobile Engineer will work on the development of infrastructure and platform for experimentation in 5G technologies: LTE, LTE Advanced, RF Mesh for Internet of Things, WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), Wireless PAN (802.15.4) and millimetre-wave (802.11ad).
Successful delivery of this plan will be critical to achieving the prime objective: economic growth and job creation for Bristol. Being part of a project which includes collaboration between the technology, media & telecommunications industry, universities, local communities, and local and national government.
What you'll get in return.
A genuinely unique and challenging career opportunity to use your engineering and communications skills in a newly created position. The Mobile / Wireless Engineer can expect to join a world class systems engineering team, interfacing with High Performance Networks, Radio Systems and Wireless Communication Systems functions.
How to apply
If this sounds of interest then please click apply or forward your CV to Rachael Ellison at Rethink Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959475370