Senior Operations Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to work in a FUN fast paced and exciting environment. We put a lot of investment into our colleagues, and are committed to ensure that you receive the relevant training to provide you with the opportunity to progress.
This is a great opportunity to work for a company who can offer you great career potential, flexible working, and free parking in the centre of Leeds.
We are looking for an individual who would relish the opportunity of providing Senior level support within one of the largest Enterprise networks in the world. This is a role which provides 3rd line support, owning & driving our most challenging network issues as well as providing technical leadership to other Colleagues within the team. Our network uses the latest technologies - this role exists to ensure it is both available & operating at the optimal level. The successful candidate will also be key in the identification & delivery of Service Improvements covering both technology and process.
Cisco CCNP level certification is very desirable, alternatively we’d be interested if you have a similar level of capability gained through experience with a desire to become at least CCNP certified.
- Responsible for delivering operational excellence.
- Provide technical guidance to the broader network operations team.
- Support the resolution of incidents/problems as quickly as possible to minimise impact to the customer.
- Manage & develop new performance, capacity management and event/alert solutions.
- Provide full lifecycle management of our network.
- Implement measures to ensure that our network remains safe & secure
- Work with the Network project team to ensure new solutions land without issue & in line with all service requirements.
- Actively work on Service Improvement Plans. Plans may be to drive Service, identify cost savings or increase efficiency without compromising quality.
- Work with & support the management of our 3rd Party vendors/partners.
- Understand emerging technologies and trends, recommending their introduction into Asda where appropriate
- Participation in the on-call rota.
- Plan & participate in DR planning / testing of critical infrastructure systems
- Able to demonstrate strategic vision & possess strong interpersonal skills.
- In depth specialist knowledge of Network infrastructure (particularly CISCO).
- Great communications skills, strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN & WLAN including TCP/IP, MPLS, VPN, VLANS etc
- Administration & advanced configuration of Firewalls, switches, routers & load balancers.
- Experience working with multiple Vendors.
- Experience leading change and development of mature operating practices, ie processes, policies, and standards.
What we’ll provide:
- Excellent salary, car allowance, bonus and pension
- FUN environment
- A strong commitment to personal development and training
- Free parking in the centre of Leeds
- Great culture
- Staff discount
- Medical care, cycle to work scheme
- And tonnes more…
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77425942